General Information For NFA Firearms & Suppressors

National Firearms Act (NFA), Title II (Class III) items commonly available for purchase include select-fire machine guns (“full auto”) manufactured before 19 May 1986 (including certain parts for these firearms), short-barreled rifles and shotguns, suppressors (“silencers”) and any part comprising a suppressor, and a selection of firearms identified as Any Other Weapons (AOW). So-called “Destructive Devices” are also NFA items, but not commonly available to purchase.

Why NFA?

Your choice to purchase NFA items is protected by the Second Amendment.  If you have never experienced the fun and pride in being an NFA firearm or suppressor owner, give an NFA item a try. Many ranges throughout the United States offer the chance to shoot full-auto machine guns, short-barreled rifles and suppressors, and more individuals are buying them every day.

It's all up to you to take the next step toward ownership. Please let us know how we may be of assistance, and thank you!


Individuals, Corporations, and Trusts

Where permitted, purchase and ownership of Title II firearms and suppressors is available to Individuals, Corporations, and Trusts. Which entity you choose in order to complete the paperwork for Title II purchases is up to you, but we recommend getting qualified advice from a knowledgeable source, such as an attorney who is well-versed in NFA law. We can report that many people are utilizing Trusts, but if you use a trust, be certain your trust does not violate the NFA; the repercussions can be substantial.


How much does it cost?

An individual purchasing an existing NFA item--other than an AOW item--is required to pay a one-time, $200 transfer tax to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in addition to the purchase price of the item and the receiving dealer's transfer fee. The AOW firearms transfer tax is only five dollars, plus the purchase price of the item and the receiving dealer's transfer fee. Should the item be transferred to another person in the future, a separate transfer tax must be paid at that time by the new prospective owner.

What kind of forms to file?

Your transferring FFL will usually assist you with the filing of ATF Form 5320.4, also known as “Form 4,” filed in duplicate. This form is required in order to transfer the NFA item from the receiving FFL to you.

You should also submit one copy of ATF Form 5330.20 (Certification of Compliance), which is used to certify U.S. Citizenship.

If you are filing within a trust, a copy of the trust goes along with the forms.

How long is the wait?

Wait time for ATF approval of the forms varies from as little as twelve weeks to several months. Currently, wait time is averaging a little over six months.

Purchasing a National Firearms Act (NFA) Title II firearm or suppressor online from is really, very easy!

Barring certain federal, state or local prohibitions, an individual who is at least 21 years of age and currently able to purchase and possess any non-NFA firearm will also be eligible to purchase an NFA firearm from an NFA dealer.

You need only provide us with three things to complete an NFA item purchase online:

  1. Payment: You pay us for the firearm or suppressor in full at time of order (there are no layaway purchase plans for NFA items).


  1. Federal Firearms License (FFL) & Special Occupational Tax License (SOT): We must ship a Title II firearm or suppressor directly to your receiving FFL, so we require a copy of the receiving dealer's FFL and a copy of their SOT.

Prior to ordering from us, arrange transfer and shipment with your receiving dealer:

  1. Find a licensed Class III FFL dealer in your area (sometimes called “NFA Dealer”).
  2. Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a Title II / NFA firearm or suppressor for transfer from
  3. Be sure to ask about their transfer fee for your NFA item (typically $50-$100).
  4. If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your NFA dealer (we do not arrange the transfer).
  5. Provide your receiving dealer with our contact information so that the receiving dealer can send us a copy of their FFL & SOT (if not already on file with us).

Mailing address:  Double Tap Tactical ATTN NFA Dept., 2126 Fort Campbell Blvd,Clarksville TN 37042

E-mail address:

6. Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealer's name on your order so we know where to ship your firearm or suppressor.

There is a 20% restocking fee on any returned NFA firearm or suppressor that is illegal in your state, or if you are prohibited to own an NFA firearm or suppressor.